Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dibakar wanted to see my bare body: Payal Rohatgi

Payal Rohatgi
Payal Rohatgi is the latest with claims of the casting couch.
The issue of the casting couch in Bollywood seems to have reared its ugly head, if allegations by actress Payal Rohatgi are to be believed. The actress, who was seen in films like Plan, 36 China Town and Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai, claims that she was propositioned by Director Dibakar Banerjee, to get a role in his much anticipated project, 'Shanghai'.

In a case of reel to real life, Payal Rohatgi said that the Love, Sex and Dhokha director had reportedly dropped by her home and asked her to take her top off. She said, when she refused to do so, he nixed her from the film.

According to the version of events laid out by Payal, she had gotten in touch with the director after introducing herself to him through a message. They kept conversing and soon became friends, with the actress calling him her mentor.

Trouble in paradise apparently occurred when she talked to him about getting a role in the Emraan Hashmi – Abhay Deol starrer film. She was asked to give an audition for an emotionally tough role in the film. Later, Payal claims Dibakar dropped by her house.

Rohatgi said, “Dibakar commented I had gained weight. He asked me to lift my shirt and show him my stomach. I didn't like it. I told him I was in no mood for jokes. But he did not agree."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...