Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Juhi Chawla to make television debut

As she gears up for her debut on television as a judge in the third season of “Jhalak Dikhalaja”, Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla, known for her naughty and comic on-screen portrayals, will look to change people’s perception about her.
“People have perceived that I cannot be harsh and judgmental about others. But I intend to make the show interesting”, Juhi told reporters at a press conference to announce the new season of the show. “While judging the contestants, I will have a humane point of view. My comments will be based on the attitude of participants because dance is not their forte and they will be nervous”, she said.

The actress will judge participants along with renowned choreographers Saroj Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant. Asked why she was making her television debut so late, the actress said “offers to host celebrity talk shows were coming for the past two years but I always deferred taking a decision as I was not sure of doing TV. I felt there is too much pressure and expectation. Filmstars doing television were viewed differently as if their film career was finished”.

But now times have changed and film stars are accepted on television. After doing television shows they have moved on successfully to their respective fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...