Thursday, September 1, 2011

'Want a meaty role? Pose on chat in a bikini'

Mumbai

This SMS was allegedly sent to starlet Liza Malik by an unidentified man claiming to be producer Ritesh Sidhwani; another imposter posing as filmmaker Vikram Bhatt also made sleazy overtures through SMSes
Technology is now making its presence felt even on the casting couch, and no one knows this better than starlet Liza Malik, who was its most recent victim.
The reality TV star has filed a complaint with the Versova police against two unidentified individuals, who allegedly sent her obscene text messages while posing as producer Ritesh Sidhwani, and filmmaker Vikram Bhatt.

"I was sent a contact request from a Blackberry, by an someone claiming to be Ritesh Sidhwani. I accepted the request, assuming that it was sent by Sidhwani," said Liza.
"Soon, I started receiving explicit messages from the number. I was also asked to audition for a role using a web casting software.
In course of our chats, he insisted that I pose in front of my camera in a bikini, claiming that he was looking for someone with the vital statistics to carry off skimpy outfits, for his film. He insisted that I would not be able to see him, claiming that his web camera was malfunctioning.
These requests aroused my suspicion, and I forwarded the pin number to a friend of mine. He confirmed that the number was not Sidhwani's."
Liza was also added as a contact by another individual who claimed to be Vikram Bhatt. "I am acquainted with Mr Bhatt personally, and I knew he could never speak in such a manner. So I asked him directly if he had sent me the request. He denied having done so," elaborated Liza.
Inspector Vishram Abhyankar, Versova police station refused to share details, but confirmed that a complaint had been received from Liza. Sidhwani's publicist confirmed that the BB pin number from which the contact request had been received did not belong to him. Bhatt too has filed a complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...